Andri Anastasiades, spouse of the President of the Republic of Cyprus
Ms Andri Anastasiades, spouse of the President of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr Nicos Anastasiades, was born and raised in Limassol. She is the first of three children of Spyros and Ersi Moustakoude.
After graduating from Limassol Girls High School A’, she went to Athens to attend Doxiadis School (of Athens Technological Group), where she graduated from the Department of Civil Engineering Works. She then took specialized exams and obtained the National Diploma.
Upon her return to Cyprus, she attended correspondence courses of the School for Interior Design of Athens.
She worked in the Civil Service for several years, in particular in the Roads Sector, Public Works Department. She retired prematurely from the Chief Technical Inspector position.
She attended a five-year course program of the Japanese Sogetsu School, from where she obtained the diploma of "Ikebana" teacher.
Ms Andri Anastasiades has been involved, for a long time, in multifaceted social and philanthropic action. Today she is in charge or participates in various charitable foundations and associations, as follows:
- Honorary President of the Pancyprian Volunteerism Coordinating Council
- Chairperson of the Management Committee of the Radiomarathon
- Honorary President of the Pancyprian Association for the Protection of Spastic and Handicapped Children
- Honorary Chairman of the Committee for the Support of Children of Cyprus and America
- Honorary President of the Avantgarde Cultural Foundation
- Honorary President of the Paraplegic and Friends Choir of Cyprus
- Patroness of the Cyprus Association of Cancer Patients and Friends
- Patroness of the Association "One Dream One Wish"
- Patroness of the Cyprus Foundation for Muscular Dystrophy Research
- Honorary Member of the Cyprus Ladies Club
- Honorary President of "Elpida" Foundation for Children with Cancer and Leukemia
- Patroness of the EUROPA DONNA Cyprus Associatiion
- Patroness of the Association of Relatives and Friends of Addicted Persons in Cyprus
She is also a member of the Cyprus Federation of Business and Professional Women.
With President Anastasiades they have two daughters, Elsa who is married to Giannos Loutsios and Ino who is married to Yiannis Misirlis. From their children’s marriage they have four grandchildren, Andis and Nicoletta Loutsiou and Giorgos and Nicos Misirli.